Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back to Life: The Year in Review

So, I've decided to resuscitate this blog. I'll give you a brief update about what's been going on.

A lot has happened in my personal life in the past year, and eventually it hit critical mass. When that happened, a lot went down for maintenance, so to speak, and this blog was one of the first to go. I've been writing on facebook a little bit, but I'm not really satisfied with the publisher there, and I so I decided to pick up again here.

This year has been traumatic, but very good for me. I went through a break-up in a three year relationship, some serious health problems, a death in the family, and the worst year I've ever had academically. Through all of this, God has taught me a lot about who I am and who I am becoming, and I feel that in many ways I'm a much different person. I know you probably don't want to read about this kind of depressing thing, so that's all I'll say about my personal issues.

Now that my life beginning to come back together, I think I am whole enough to begin writing in earnest again. I want to be intentional about writing higher quality material. This means more fiction, and more nonfiction commentary on specific events, books, etc. and less me spouting off about whatever I feel like talking about. I don't really care how many people read this, but I am hoping to get some more comments and discussions going on in response to my posts.

As you can see, I've changed the color scheme, and I'm not very sure if I like it. Please let me know what you think. I'm worried that it might display too darkly on some people's screens.

It's good to be back. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see your writings here. Good thing about the Networked Blogs thing too. (One note, you can choose to make it pull updates...definitely do that every time you update your blog, as that's the only way I'll know you've updated. I tend to not do RSS feeds for some reason. It's like a mental block in me...)

Hope all is good and getting better, bro...

Alex said...

Glad to see you are writing on blogger again, I really enjoyed reading what you had to say, and was quite disappointed when for a long time you hadn't written anything new. Anyway, welcome back, hope everything is going well.